Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Indefinite Reenlistment!



What does Indefinite mean?
Well for me it means, I am in the Army now for at least 20 years if not more. Any one who is serving in the military 10 years or more has two options. 1) Get out of the Army 2) Indefinite Reenlistment -- I decided upon option #2.
An reenlistment is a MAJOR event in any Army Soldier. At any reenlistment ceremony, you have to be sworn into the Army again. This is that soldier's WORD that he will...."support and defend against all enemies foreign or domestic" (not exact wording). Upon completion of of the OATH you sign a contract and get a certificate saying you have reenlisted again.
Since this was an Indefinate Reenlistment it is even more special this tells EVERYONE that I promise to be in the Army for 20 years or more. I take great pride in this OATH. I thank the Army every day for what it has brought to my life and take PRIDE each and every day that I am a PROUD AMERICAN SOLDIER!!!
Jefferson....take PRIDE in knowing that I am thinking of you always and hope you are doing well!



No comments:

Post a Comment